Our Unique School - Your Unique Child
Broadwood Primary School is a wonderfully unique school. Our welcoming, caring and positive ethos is commented on by children, staff, parents/carers and visitors, and we aim to provide every child in our care with a unique educational experience, developing their skills, knowledge, understanding and talents, and instilling within our children the core values of respect, tolerance, happiness and a life-long love of learning.
Where is our school?
Broadwood Primary School is an average sized school in the Denton Burn area of Newcastle upon Tyne. As well as serving children from the Denton Burn area we also have children from Scotswood, Slatyford, Benwell and Fenham, as well as other areas of Newcastle. Our school is pleasantly situated in a quiet street. We are fortunate enough to have large playing fields and ample playgrounds.
At Broadwood we have a shared vision to create a school where children are valued, celebrated, equipped, inspired and empowered.
Here at Broadwood it is our aim to provide every child in our care with a unique educational experience. We aim to:
* VALUE every child. We value achievements, success and effort and place emphasis on manners and respect, ensuring our children are taught to value others, as well as themselves. We also promote fundamental British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
* CELEBRATE achievement, success and effort. We provide many opportunities to celebrate the achievements of our whole school community.
* EQUIP our children with the skills, knowledge and understanding to take them through life and allow them to fulfil their potential and become successful citizens. We also EQUIP our children with a life-long love of learning. We ensure our children develop and demonstrate skills and attitudes that allow them to participate fully in and contribute positively to life in Modern Britain.
* EMPOWER our children by encouraging them to believe in themselves and to believe that with hard work and a positive attitude, they can achieve success.
* INSPIRE - we have a fantastic team of inspirational staff and members of the wider school community who inspire our children. We encourage our children to be role models and to inspire each other.